Tuesday, July 17, 2012

STRETCH Turn-Turn-Turn


Don’t forget to stretch, no matter how old you are. I have recently got into a bad habit; well actually I am revisiting an old habit. Get to the course, ride to the first tee take three or four violent practice strokes with my driver and hit away with shot number one. And how does this work? Not so good. What I have found is that if you stretch, regularly, at home you will not have to feel like a fool stretching for 10 minutes while the rest of the foursome makes fun of you.

The most important stretch, trunk twisting, just like with the club, back to target, chest to target, can’t hit it if you can’t turn.

But I don’t have time to stretch at home-yes you do-in the morning shower, 50 turns, 25 each way, nice and slow. And stretch again after dinner or supper if you grew up in the Midwest with me.

No skipping of days-do it and your back and your foursome will thank you.

Easy tip – yes it is-but only if you do it, I have not missed a day in over a year. Is my game better-NOPE-but my back is.



Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes when you consider the course. ~Lee Trevino

No comments: