As we all start, at least trying, to think about golf. Yes it will warm up and turn green sometime in the future.
Here are my things to remember for this year.
1. Do not try to hit through a tree—all that stuff about trees being 80% air cannot be true
2. If you are not sure, go around instead of over—remember trying to hit that lob wedge over a 60 foot tree 20 feet in front of you?
3. Club up or down and hit your 70 or 80% shot from uneven lies
4. Light rough still hit one more club
5. Heavy rough – see #3 above
6. Remember, direction is more important than distance
7. Find out your distance with each club – average distance, not best distance
8. Find a swing for the 75 yard shot – sand wedge, half sand wedge, half gap, whatever it takes
A found golf ball is a good golf ball - tee it up
10. Remember the other nine